| Our Essential Oil Soy Wax Tarts are scented with only all natural essential oils. Essential Oils provide therapeutic aromatherapy benefits you just can't get from fragrance oils. We have put together the following blends that not only smell great, but also offer a variety of other benefits, which we have listed below under each scent. Tarts come in a 3 oz clamshell package containing six .5 oz breakaway tarts.
To get the most from your essential oil wax tarts only heat them for approximately 1 hour after they have completely melted. They will continue to scent the room until they are re-hardened. Even if you think you can't smell the scent any longer, leave the room for a few minutes and come back in. Your nose adjusts to the scent after awhile, so you may not notice it any longer. With essential oils, you are still getting the benefits of the essential oil even if your nose has gotten used to it and you no longer smell it as strongly. We do use at least 5 mls of essential oils in each 3 oz pack of tarts. After several uses, if you no longer smell any scent when the wax is completely melted it is probably time to change the tarts. Only melting them for 1 hour at a time should greatly extend the number of uses you get from the tarts. If you forget and leave them on all day, you will most likely need to change them sooner.
What is a Wax Tart? Willow Bay Naturals Soy Wax Tarts, sometimes called melties or wickless candles, are bits of scented wax that are melted in a tart warmer to scent your home or office without the need of a flame. They have become very popular in the last few years as people look for safer ways to scent their home with our busy lifestyles. You don't have to worry about leaving the house forgetting to blow out a candle or about children or pets knocking over a candle. Simply put 1-3 wax tarts into any UL approved tart warmer and turn it on. Most tart warmers simply use the heat from a lightbulb to melt the wax. When you leave, just turn the warmer off and the wax will re-solidify.
- Awake - is a blend of Peppermint and Rosemary. In aromatherapy rosemary is clarifying and invigorating, while peppermint is vitalizing and refreshing. The combination will clear your mind and help focus. A nice scent for when you are studying, need help concentrating or if you just need to wake up. It can also help clear sinus congestion.
- Clean - is a refreshing blend of Eucalyptus and Spearmint. Eucalyptus helps to clear your mind and increase focus. Spearmint has many of the same therapeutic properties as peppermint - energizing and uplifting. They are both antibacterial and antiviral, so not only do they smell clean, but they may also clean the air.
- Comfort - is a complex blend of cinnamon leaf, clove bud, cedarwood, lavender, patchouli and orange essential oils. Comfort is a nice homey scent for a relaxing evening at home or when entertaining company. This blend is meant to be soothing, warming and comforting.
- Energy (aka Citrus Explosion) - An uplifting blend of pink grapefruit, lemon, orange, bergamot, litsea cubiba, peppermint and thyme. Citrus oils are energizing and emotionally uplifting. Thyme is great for relieving mental fatigue and is also anti-microbial.
- Four Thieves - Have you heard the story of the 4 Thieves? The story of the Four Thieves dates back to the Middle Ages during the Black Plague. As the legend goes, a group of thieves, most likely perfumers, were robbing the dead and dying. They were able to avoid getting sick themselves by using a blend of essential oils to protect themselves. Details of the story vary as well as the exact recipe they used, but this is our version of the Four Thieves Oil. Use it during cold and flu season to protect yourself just like the 4 Thieves. Our Four Thieves Blend contains Clove Bud, Lemon, Cinnamon Leaf, Eucalyptus and Rosemary essential oils.
- Happy - is an uplifting blend of Bergamot, Lime and Litea Cubeba, sometimes called May Chang. May Chang has a fresh, lemony scent and is calming, and helps with depression and anxiety. Bergamot is a small citrus fruit mainly grown in Italy and is one of the best essential oils in the treatment of depression. Lime blends wonderfully with these other essential oils, for an energizing, fruity blend, sure to make anyone feel happy.
- Lavender Lovers - Nothing but pure lavender essential oil. Lavender is relaxing and stress relieving, great for unwinding in the evening before bedtime.
- Meditate - is scented with patchouli essential oil, blended with frankincense and myrrh. Patchouli essential oil is often associated with "hippies" or the popular incense in the 1960s and 70s. It has a rich, earthy, smell that people generally either love or hate. It is actually widely used in modern perfumery. In aromatherapy it is anti-depressant. It may lift your mood, relieve stress, and may even act as an aphrodisiac. Patchouli is sometimes used before meditation to ground and center the mind. Frankincense and Myrrh are often used in meditation and prayer. They are grounding and assist in spiritual opening. They are also calming and bring about feelings of peace and relaxation.
- Patchouli Mint (aka Hippie Christmas) - a blend of pure peppermint essential oil and rich, earthy patchouli essential oil. Patchouli is calming and grounding, often associated with prayer and meditation. Peppermint is uplifting and enhances alertness. Both patchouli and peppermint have been known to be used as aphrodisiacs - so this one is great for the bedroom (but not if you are actually there to sleep as the peppermint may keep you awake).
- Refresh - is a clean, spa-like blend scented with lemongrass essential oil along with a hint of ginger. Lemongrass has a fresh, clean, herbal, lemony scent and is used in many soaps and perfumes. It is one of the top 10 best selling essential oils in the world. We also add a touch of ginger for a spicy note that in aromatherapy has been known to reduce lethargy. Refresh can reduce irritability as well as preventing drowsiness.
- Relax - is a blend of Lavender, Patchouli, & Ylang Ylang. This blend is to promote relaxation and reduce stress and anxiety. It may also help to ease tension and tension headaches. Lavender is one of the most popular essential oils and is used in many perfume blends. In aromatherapy it reduces anxiety and promotes relaxation. Patchouli is an anti-depressant and mood lifter. Lavender and patchouli make a wonderfully relaxing blend. We add to that ylang ylang, which has a fresh, sweet, floral scent, and also aids in reducing stress.
- Walk in the Woods - A fresh, earthy, woodsy blend of Pine, Fir Needle, Cedarwood, Rosemary, Eucalyptus and Lavender essential oils. Reminiscent of taking a walk in the woods on a crisp, cool morning. Not a typical "christmas tree" type scent.